Monday, March 7, 2011

Driving

Currently I have to drive about 85 miles each way to commute to work. There are two ways I can go. I can take the interstate zipping through most of the trip and then sitting in traffic for the last 10 mile or so. Alternatively I can take a back way of country highways. I only hit traffic about 2 miles from work. Both routes take about the same time so there isn't a big advantage to either.

Except that taking the back way I arrive at work less stressed and happier. This morning I even started to notice the many farm houses I pass along the way. It helps that it is now getting light out when I drive to work.

Looking at these homes with barns and fenced pastures, with cows, horses, sheep, and even some llamas, I try to imagine living in these places. I think how great it must be to wake up to the silence and wide open spaces. I think about running out to the barn to feed the animals before showering and dressing for work. Or how great it would be to not need to worry about going to work. Just having all my work there on the farm.

That is my dream. That is my goal. Noah's Arc should be my full time commitment and I am excited for the day that will happen.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment